While hosting the Everyday Akron Instagram account this week, I wanted to know what the community has learned from previous hosts. It could be their new favorite restaurant, a small business, a park, or even just a factoid they never knew. Most answers centered around food (Akronites love their local fare!), so no surprise there.
Find out what everyone said below. I included links so you can discover them too!
Food in the Akron Area
- “Sweet Mary’s! And I’m so thankful because it’s delicious” – @rachelmcconaha
- “Evelyn’s Coffee and Banh Mi!” – @_ashleys.adventures_
- “Nomz! And Hampton Hills Metro Park” – @jessicabeew
- “La Loma” – @jimmy.first
- “Sushi Katsu” – @not_mrs_solomon
- “International Jerk” – @larzdapunk
- “We found a bubble tea place in Green thanks to [a recent host]! Love having this as a resource for new places!” – @jellopants1821
- “La Fresa Ice Cream Restaurant – so very, very good!” – @chrissymacso
- Another recommendation for… “La Fresa” – @obkristina
- And yet another… “La Fresa! It was SO GOOD!” – @flourishplantmkt
- “Thrifting tips and NoHi Pop-Up. It’s just been fun to meet new people through here.” – @gwendolynn0007
- “The Gardener of Bath” – @bperego18
- “I found out about that furniture store called The Bomb Shelter.” – @1coffeedog
Living in Akron
- “That I can’t wait to move to Akron!” – @eleanorr_gracee
- “General knowledge/updates which I appreciate as I’m moving to the area this summer.” – @shaun.castillo
Want more great suggestions? Follow @everydayakron on Instagram to meet a new Akronite each week so you can see their side of the city!