The new year is almost here, so it’s time to think about the future…
During Michael Derr’s recent @everydayakron Instagram takeover, he asked, “What’s your biggest wish for Akron’s future?” Followers responded with some great answers, so I thought I would share them here.
Check out this list of wishes, and then share your wish for Akron’s future on social media using #EverydayAkron.
- More collective based spaces! For a wide variety of arts
- To continue building the restaurant scene
- More people living downtown so things are lively, and no more construction
- No more construction
- That more restaurants will be open for lunch on Sunday!
- A delicious and locally sourced food scene
- A mayoral apology for building the Interbelt through a minority community
- Bike infrastructure
- Actual downtown livability. Thriving businesses.
- More nightlife and entertainment and downtown retail
- A variety of really good restaurants that are constantly packed
- That Barrio would come to Akron
- More retail areas and the most perfect affordable storefront for me one of these days
- Growth. I want more places to eat and see live music.
- More young people of color and women as leaders of our local government and organizations
- More local restaurants and bars
- Public transportation!
- No more construction, Barrio, and a lively downtown to walk around
- Less crime
- More vegan restaurants
- We get the other 100k folks involved and feeling better about this city
- Bring back small biz! There are too many chain EVERYTHING
- Equal recognition and valuation of sports (Racers, Ducks, Marathon, Aviators, Vulcans, Akron BMX)
- More tacos
1 thought on “What’s your biggest wish for Akron’s future?”
Comments are closed.