The holidays are here! Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift, a great meal, something to do with family while they’re in town, or – let’s be honest – a lil something for yourself for making it to the end of 2021, this year’s gift guide has a little of everything for everyone.
Once again, I asked the Everyday Akron community what should be featured, and here’s what we came up with. I also asked for suggestions on how to organize the guide. A few people said to list them by neighborhoods, so you can explore one area at a time. (This gift guid is obviously not a comprehensive list of Akron-area businesses, but if you need more inspiration, check out last year’s gift guides.)
Local businesses are still experiencing effects of the pandemic. Please remember to be patient, whether you drop by their store or anxiously await your package to hit your doorstep.
Looking for Everyday Akron gifts? Check out the official shop. Use code RUBBER to save 10% on items in the sport collection.
The 2021 holiday gift guide starts out with Downtown Akron and moves through other neighborhoods, along with Cuyahoga Falls and Greater Akron. There are also online shopping options at the end. Happy shopping! And, more importantly, happy holidays!
- “Get a bunch of growlers from local breweries, like Akronym, Lock 15, etc.”
- The Peanut Shoppe
- Go ice skating at Lock 3 in Downtown Akron
- The Nightlight for a movie night, virtual screening or annual membership
- “For my dad’s birthday, I signed us up for beer class at R Shea Brewing – so fun! Highly recommend.”
- “Last year I received a gift card to Chameleon Cafe and it was the best gift! Weekday lunch and coffee = done.”
- Sweet Mary’s
- Rubber City Comics
- “A bus pass!”
- Akron Zoo
- Don Drumm Studios & Gallery
- “Offer to pay for their first class at Stark State College Akron! Or a book for class – something really practical.”
- Glass art from Akron Glass Works or a glassblowing workshop
West Hill / Highland Square
- Leaf for home décor, gifts, plants and more
- Yoga Squared
- Zeber-Martell Gallery & Clay Studio
- Northside Marketplace – many locally made gifts all in one spot
- Lepley and Co.
- Deck the Halls at Stan Hywet: “A MUST!”
- Devitis Italian Market: “They have more than just food!”
- “We get North Hill Donuts for Christmas morning breakfast”
- “Notique is great because it’s local goods that benefit the North Hill Community”
East Akron / Ellet / Middlebury
- Gift card for Azteca Mexican Restaurant
- Book from Elizabeth’s Bookshop & Writing Centre
- Toys and Noize
Greater Akron / Overall Akron
- Sugar Plum Tour of Holiday Homes: “Sponsor the Sugar Plum Tour and go on it with friends. And gift the virtual tour to out-of-town family!”
- Akron on Deck (found at various retailers)
- The Gardener of Bath – gifts, jewelry, home, and more
- “You can sponsor an acre through Conservancy for CNVP”
- Hike a trail in Summit Metro Parks: “They plow Overlook Path”
- Gift card to ride the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
- Gift cards for Urban Air
- Go ice skating in Cuyahoga Falls
- Butcher and Sprout
- The Farmers Rail
- Hope Soap
- Harvest Yoga and Wellness
- Jean and Lou
- Leo’s Italian Social
- Crave Cantina
- Nosh Pantry
- Burntwood Tavern
- Triple C Sweets for holiday cookies
- Akron Candle Company
- “Igor Oliyarnik for calendars and photo prints – many taken in Cuyahoga Valley National Park”
- Akron Honey
- “Art of Sucre! Nothing beats food as a gift.”
- Fun, handmade earrings from McKenna Paints
- The L4 Project
Help run Everyday Akron
Send $5 or more via PayPal, and I’ll send you a logo sticker! Your money will go towards things like managing the website that help further the mission of sharing Akronites’ stories.
1 thought on “2021 Akron-Area Holiday Gift Guide | Featuring Local Businesses, Restaurants, Experiences & More”
Thank you for including me on your list. Happy holidays!
Comments are closed.