Meet Meghan Goetz, in her own words:
Hi, I’m Meghan! I am from Akron (North Hill, represent!!). I was born and raised in Akron and my family still lives in North Hill. I went to school at St. Martha, which (sad face) was turned into a nursing home. I’m an Elms Girl (Our Lady of the Elms Graduate) and attended Kent State University, where I received a bachelor of science.
To graduate college early, I accepted a marketing internship at an independent insurance agency in Akron. There I worked my way up from the mail room to working on the agency’s largest accounts. My love for marketing never ceased. I researched and developed a strategy for the agency to create a marketing department and positioned myself to lead it as the Marketing Director. I was responsible for annual strategies that aligned with sales and corporate goals, event planning, fundraising, donations, social media, sales support, internal training and more! I ran the marketing department I created for three years. As the sales and market slowed, I was ready for a new challenge and left to start my own company.
I started MG Marketing Co, a marketing consulting firm that specializes in strategies and comprehensive marketing solutions for professional services. I am now able to help more companies have competitive and successful marketing programs.
As a woman with a new business, I started meeting with other women that have started businesses for inspiration. This turned into a passion project to learn and share with other women who have a business or a “side hustle”- another job, hobby or interest that they use to bring in revenue or do just for fun! I am now also a member of the Women’s Network and currently a member of the 3rd class for the Women’s Leadership Class (Leadership Akron & Women’s Network).
Besides marketing, I have a serious passion for events and planning; I love to be the host. Whether it is friendsgiving at my house or a 3 day start-up weekend, I love it all. I created a website, Awesome in Akron to just share cool things I came across in Akron. This, however, quickly became my avenue for event management.
Any given day you can find me at OSC Tech Lab, where I work with my hubby Nick Petroski.
Fun Facts about Meghan from Meghan:
- I was a Girl Scout my entire life, and my mom was the leader. I can start a mean fire, and cook about anything, anywhere… from eggs and bacon on a tin can to brownies in a cardboard box (helps if it is a sunny day).
- This also means I was able to hike all of the Summit Metro Parks many, many times. It wasn’t until I was older that I realized how lucky we are such a beautiful, well maintained park system in our community.
- I now regularly visit trails to get exercise and de-stress. They are also great for hosting events and walking our dog.
- We adopted a senior dog, Minnie, from One of a Kind Pets, who has decided she will be a puppy forever – she is 10 (Rat Terrier/Chihuahua mix).
- I learned to parallel park on Exchange Street, in a caravan full of people before an Akron Areos game! Nothing scares me now- haha!
Follow Summit Peeks on Twitter to get a look at Meghan’s Akron this week.